COVID-19 Information (updated September 7, 2021)
September 7, 2021 Update
Well, here we are in September, and if you are watching the news in Alberta you know the pandemic is not done yet, the issue of being vaccinated vs. unvaccinated is a hot topic, and masks are a requirement again in all indoor settings.
Here at Kinetic Inspection & Testing, we are concerned about everyone’s safety. We do not want to bring people together when we do not have to, potentially spreading contagious and virulent variants of COVID-19, not to mention the usual flu and colds that go around in the fall. Safety is a life choice, not a political position. For this reason we are continuing on as we have been since March of 2020, putting your safety and your family’s safety first by presenting our courses via Zoom.
Our Zoom webinars are interactive, easy to use, and save you a bundle on travel expense and time too!
We will continue to update this page as circumstances change.
Stay safe out there!
July 5, 2021 Update
As many of you are aware, Kinetic Inspection & Testing is based in Alberta, Canada, and as of July 1, 2021, many of the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted in our province. It is certainly wonderful to see reduced case counts and reduced restrictions at this time! No doubt many people are taking full advantage of returning to many of the activities they enjoyed prior to March 2020.
However, as of the date of this update (July 5, 2021) there are still many uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and its ongoing effects such as:
- dangers posed by variants of concern and whether vaccines are sufficient protection from these (i.e.., the “Delta” variant),
- vaccine passports and proof of vaccination, (Should proof of vaccination be required for attendees, especially those travelling from other cities, provinces, or countries?),
- politicization of vaccines – some are determined not to get them; some are adamant everyone needs to be vaccinated, (Stories of conflicts and personal freedoms are in the news daily),
- individuals who have family members who are high risk and may have higher expectations of social distancing and sanitization than other course attendees,
- effectiveness of vaccines,
- preferential status of some vaccines over other vaccines.
To safely offer traditional, in-person classroom courses all the concerns listed above, and others not listed, will need to be addressed. In addition, to meet the comfort and safety of attendees there are significant additional costs involved in sanitation, catering, and safety that would be required.
Many of the above listed concerns will be addressed simply by the passage of time. Over the next while, the questions surrounding vaccine efficacy, vaccine passports, danger posed by variants and other concerns will be answered definitively as society transitions out of this pandemic.
Opinions on these concerns vary widely among our course participants. However, one thing is for certain – whether you are concerned the continuing dangers of COVID-19 or not, by attending our online, interactive live courses your training needs will be met safely, effectively, and completely!
Over the last 15 months of the pandemic, we at Kinetic have proven the effectiveness of our online delivery methods by successfully delivering over 20 live courses via the Zoom platform. We continue to provide interactive live courses that not only reduce costs, but also eliminate all risk associated with attending a course or travelling. As safety is not something that can be discarded when convenient, Kinetic Inspection & Testing has decided to continue to offer our live courses via the Zoom platform – for now.
As we transition through the pandemic, and we enter what some are calling our “new normal”, there will be many changes to our work and social lives. Rather than rushing in and having to backtrack later, we at Kinetic feel that continuing in our current model of offering courses via Zoom is 100% safe, extremely effective, cost efficient and addresses the concerns of all involved.
As ongoing conditions and situations change and evolve, we at Kinetic will continue to assess and evaluate what is best for your safety and ours and update this information periodically.
We at Kinetic Inspection & Testing wish you all the best, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions about this matter, or anything else we can assist with regarding your training needs.
(Original Information Post from March 2020 is below)
Reasons for Change
As you are all aware, the COVID-19 outbreak has caused serious, widespread issues and problems around the world that range from market uncertainty to full countrywide lockdowns and travel restrictions. At this time, it is impossible to say how this will affect Canada in the long term. It is a fact that many of our classroom courses include participants from all areas of Canada, and from other countries as well. This travel poses a risk to all involved in the course, and their families when they return home.
This information is to notify you that there will be a change in the presentation of all Exam Preparation courses during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is our sincere hope that the COVID -19 outbreak will be a thing of the past very soon, but in the event that it is not, we are making other arrangements that have already gone into effect for courses in the immediate future.
Changes to Our Classroom Courses - Features and Benefits
In order to address this unprecedented situation, and to ensure that companies and individuals can still access their scheduled training and be ready for their examination, we are planning on moving the venue of our classroom training from a traditional, classroom setting, to a world class Live Web Training System.
This training provision will address the health and travel issues involved in coming to a classroom training course, where many of the participants are from different cities, some even from different countries. But it will do much more as well.
From the comfort of your home or office, with no travel time, expenses or risk you will receive the following benefits and features:
- course participants will receive the same level of instruction and the same instructor that you were expecting (it will be me, Todd Smith, you may have met me if you have taken previous courses with Kinetic Inspection & Testing)
- participants will be able to see, hear and respond to the presentation, which will be a live presentation (NOT recorded), as well as including views of codes, videos, etc. that will supplement the program
- participants will be able to ask questions, respond to individual queries, receive personal one-on-one instruction, group and classroom discussions, etc.
- the system being used for the web training is a world class system with 24 hour live technical support, (this is not just me doing this in a free webinar software), so there should be no technical issues or concerns that cannot be immediately addressed
- participants will NOT have to download anything, they will NOT have to have technical expertise, all that is needed is a stable internet connection, and the ability to answer an email to get the link to the web training
- there will be a pre-course trial run the week previous to the course to ensure that everyone is able to access the training, this will be handled personally by me as the instructor
- course participants will still receive the expected course textbook, it will be mailed out prior to the course, so you will be able to follow along in the course and work through the assignments during the class, just like in the classroom course.
Also – and this is a BIG BONUS with this type of presentation – we will be able to schedule exam review sessions at the start of the exam window that you are scheduled for. This will be a group class review of an exam with opportunity for one-on-one instruction immediately prior to your exam date - with no travel requirements or costs to you!
At this current time the dates of the classroom courses are unchanged. If you are already registered, please continue to work through the pre-class material, and I look forward to seeing you in the web training!
In an ideal world, classroom training is the best method of interaction between an instructor and course participants. However, this situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is causing us all to change a number of things in our lives, and until this situation has been resolved, moving our training to a web based live format addresses that which is most important – our health and that of our families.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we at Kinetic Inspection & Testing send you our best wishes for you to stay safe, plan well, and don’t panic!