Reasons for Change
As you are all aware, the COVID-19 outbreak has caused serious, widespread issues and problems around the world that range from market uncertainty to full countrywide lockdowns and travel restrictions. At this time, it is impossible to say how this will affect Canada in the long term. It is a fact that many of our classroom courses include participants from all areas of Canada, and from other countries as well. This travel poses a risk to all involved in the course, and their families when they return home.
This information is to notify you that there will be a change in the presentation of all Exam Preparation courses during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is our sincere hope that the COVID -19 outbreak will be a thing of the past very soon, but in the event that it is not, we are making other arrangements that have already gone into effect for courses in the immediate future.
Changes to Our Classroom Courses - Features and Benefits
In order to address this unprecedented situation, and to ensure that companies and individuals can still access their scheduled training and be ready for their examination, we are planning on moving the venue of our classroom training from a traditional, classroom setting, to a world class Live Web Training System.
This training provision will address the health and travel issues involved in coming to a classroom training course, where many of the participants are from different cities, some even from different countries. But it will do much more as well.
From the comfort of your home or office, with no travel time, expenses or risk you will receive the following benefits and features:
- course participants will receive the same level of instruction and the same instructor that you were expecting (it will be me, Todd Smith, you may have met me if you have taken previous courses with Kinetic Inspection & Testing)
- participants will be able to see, hear and respond to the presentation, which will be a live presentation (NOT recorded), as well as including views of codes, videos, etc. that will supplement the program
- participants will be able to ask questions, respond to individual queries, receive personal one-on-one instruction, group and classroom discussions, etc.
- the system being used for the web training is a world class system with 24 hour live technical support, (this is not just me doing this in a free webinar software), so there should be no technical issues or concerns that cannot be immediately addressed
- participants will NOT have to download anything, they will NOT have to have technical expertise, all that is needed is a stable internet connection, and the ability to answer an email to get the link to the web training
- there will be a pre-course trial run the week previous to the course to ensure that everyone is able to access the training, this will be handled personally by me as the instructor
- course participants will still receive the expected course textbook, it will be mailed out prior to the course, so you will be able to follow along in the course and work through the assignments during the class, just like in the classroom course.
Also – and this is a BIG BONUS with this type of presentation – we will be able to schedule exam review sessions at the start of the exam window that you are scheduled for. This will be a group class review of an exam with opportunity for one-on-one instruction immediately prior to your exam date - with no travel requirements or costs to you!
At this current time the dates of the classroom courses are unchanged. If you are already registered, please continue to work through the pre-class material, and I look forward to seeing you in the web training!
In an ideal world, classroom training is the best method of interaction between an instructor and course participants. However, this situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is causing us all to change a number of things in our lives, and until this situation has been resolved, moving our training to a web based live format addresses that which is most important – our health and that of our families.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we at Kinetic Inspection & Testing send you our best wishes for you to stay safe, plan well, and don’t panic!