API 510 Online Self-Study Exam Preparation
This course is an online self study exam preparation course specifically designed to assist those who are planning on writing the API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector examination. While this is a self study program, course participants are fully supported by the instructor and will be assisted with any questions they may have as they work through the course material. You will have 120 days of access to the course materials starting the day of your registration.
This course will teach the following:
Navigation within the required Code documents (an essential skill for answering questions accurately and in a timely fashion)
The required knowledge to pass the examination as listed in the API Body of Knowledge
Methods and skills required to perform Code calculations during the examination
This course contains explanatory lessons, training questions, example questions and samples, and 3 practice exams and videos to assist with the contents and use of the various codes and recommended practices.
- Course participants will receive a certificate with up to 80 hours of training time (dependant on the actual timed hours spent in the course material) that can be used towards other training requirements for organizations such as CWB, AWS, etc.
This course will cover the information and topics contained in the Body of Knowledge published by API. It is important to note that Kinetic Inspection & Testing has no prior knowledge of what questions will be on the examination. Therefore, it is the intent to train exam candidates sufficiently to answer anything that API could ask from the topics listed in the Body of Knowledge.
During the course participants will have the opportunity to be guided through the Codes by sets of training questions, practice exams and written instruction. Course registrants also can communicate and be supported by an experienced instructor. They will have the chance to answer questions that are similar to the ones that will be asked on the exam, and have concepts and calculation steps demonstrated in the written material in a way that is designed to assist each course participant and address each person’s unique skill set.
The instructor will be available for one-on-one assistance and discussion by email or if necessary by phone.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration in this course does not register an individual for the actual API ICP examination. This must be done through API at www.api.org. API expects all examination candidates to have relatively broad experience and knowledge prior to attempting this examination. If you have any questions regarding your suitability and chances of success in writing this challenging examination, please contact Kinetic Inspection & Testing and we will discuss your specific situation and give you recommendations on courses and training that will suit your specific goals and circumstances.
This course consists the following:
- Introductory and explanatory videos
- Explanatory lessons covering each of the Codes and Recommended Practices
- Example questions to demonstrate concepts and calculations
- Hundreds and hundreds of practice questions
- 4 complete, timed, online practice exams (both open and closed book portions)
- Study plan
Required Code Documents for the Course
All course participants are required to have copies of the API and ASME Code documents that are listed on the API 510 Effectivity Sheet.
Registrants in this course are eligible to earn CPD hours based on the time they spend on self-paced learning. The online course software will track active hours spent by the course participant in the learning modules and practice questions. A certificate will be issued to the registrant upon completion of the course. This certificate will show the total number of self-paced, tracked hours spent by the course participant, up to a maximum of 80 hours. Please note:
- Course participants will receive up to a maximum of 80 CPD hours. The 80-hour maximum is not automatic. If a course participant spends less than 80 hours in the course, they will only receive CPD hours for the time tracked.
- To receive credit for the CPD hours, the entire course must be completed. This includes all lessons, practice questions, quizzes, and Practice Exams. Incomplete training materials are not eligible for CPD hours.
- CPD hours and completion certificates will not be issued prior to the completion of the course.
- Course participants are responsible for ensuring that CPD hours for self-paced learning are acceptable to the organization they require them for.
Course Extensions, Cancellations, and Transfers
American Petroleum Institute website:http://www.api.org/
API Individual Certification Programs: https://www.api.org/products-and-services/individual-certification-programs/certifications#tab-qualification