API 653 Online Self-Study and Webinar Combination Exam Preparation Course
This course is an online COMBINATION exam preparation course specifically designed to assist those who are planning on writing the API 653 Storage Tank Inspector examination. This course combines the flexibility of self-study with scheduled live webinars that will provide structured learning and the opportunity for personal, live instruction as participants work through the material. Course participants will have the opportunity to join into 8 sessions and an exam review session prior to their scheduled exam dates. The entire time that participants are enrolled in the course they are fully supported by the instructor through email, text, phone or web conference. The online course materials will be immediately available upon registration, prior to the webinar series starting, so don’t hesitate to get registered early and get started on the materials!
This course will teach the following:
- Navigation within the required Code documents (an essential skill for answering questions accurately and in a timely fashion)
- the required knowledge for the examination that is listed in the API Body of Knowledge
- methods and skills required to perform Code calculations during the examination
This course contains explanatory lessons, training questions, example questions and samples, and 3 practice exams and videos to assist with the contents and use of the various codes and recommended practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate with up to 80 hours of training time (dependant on the actual timed hours spent in the course material) that can be used towards other training requirements for organizations such as CWB, AWS, etc.
This course will cover the information and topics contained in the Body of Knowledge published by API. It is important to note that Kinetic Inspection & Testing has no prior knowledge of what questions will be on the examination. Therefore, it is the intent to train exam candidates sufficiently to answer anything that API could ask from the topics listed in the Body of Knowledge.
During the course participants will have the opportunity to be guided through the Codes by sets of training questions, practice exams and written instruction. Course registrants also can communicate and be supported by an experienced instructor. They will have the chance to answer questions that are similar to the ones that will be asked on the exam, and have concepts and calculation steps demonstrated in the written material in a way that is designed to assist each course participant and address each person’s unique skill set.
During the 8 weeks prior to the examination window, there will be 1 weekly live webinar that will guide participants through a selected portion of the Code documents, followed by an opportunity to have any questions from other portions of the course answered personally by the instructor.
The instructor will be available for one-on-one assistance and discussion by text, email, phone or if necessary, by web conferencing throughout the entire duration of the course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration in this course does not register an individual for the actual API ICP examination. This must be done through API at www.api.org. API expects all examination candidates to have relatively broad experience and knowledge prior to attempting this examination. If you have any questions regarding your suitability and chances of success in writing this challenging examination, please contact Kinetic Inspection & Testing and we will discuss your specific situation and give you recommendations on courses and training that will suit your specific goals and circumstances.
This course contains the following educational tools and features:
- Introductory and explanatory videos
- Explanatory lessons covering each of the Codes and Recommended Practices
- Example questions to demonstrate concepts and calculations
- Hundreds and hundreds of practice questions
- 3 complete, timed, online practice exams (both open and closed book portions)
- 8 Scheduled, weekly webinar sessions
- Guided Practice Exam Review prior to examination dates
- Study plan
Required Code Documents for the Course:
All course participants are required to have copies of the API and ASME Code documents that are listed on the API 510 Effectivity Sheet.
- American Petroleum Institute Website: https://www.api.org/
- API Individual Certification Programs: https://www.api.org/products-and-services/individual-certification-programs/certifications/api653
- API Schedules and Fees: https://www.api.org/products-and-services/individual-certification-programs/schedules-and-fees