This course is an exam preparation course that will assist those who are preparing for the National Board Inservice Inspector certification examination. This course will teach the following:
- Contents and subjects of the reference documents used for the examination.
- Successful, efficient navigation in the documents used for the examination.
- Reading, comprehension, and keyword knowledge to recognize and identify examination subjects and where to reference them in the documents used for the examination.
- Time management strategies for the examination.
- Methods and skills needed to handle Code calculations.
This course contains multiple sections. There are:
- pre-class, online lessons,
- 5 days of live instruction (via Zoom), including online course work,
- multiple online practice exams and multiple guided exam reviews with the instructor.
Topics Covered in the Course
Starting with the detailed, pre-class, online lessons, students will learn the specific content in each document used for the exam, and how to navigate in each. In the main, live instruction portion of the course, students will receive instruction on the nine areas described in the National Board Inservice Inspector Body of Knowledge. Following the 5 class days, course participants will have the opportunity to join in to multiple, live exam review sessions via Zoom.
From start to finish, course participants are fully supported by the instructor. They will be able to email the instructor and receive help on any course related topic as soon as they begin the pre-class work. During the live portion of the course, participants can ask questions and discuss the course materials with the instructor, as well as receive individual instruction and tutoring. After the live portion of the course, course participants will still be supported via email, phone, or Zoom for tutoring or help. At any point during the course extra assistance and tutoring is available.
Important Note: Registration in this course does not register an individual for the National Board Inservice Inspector Examination. This must be done through the National Board website. Kinetic Inspection & Testing Ltd. strongly encourages individuals to address their registration and exam eligibility prior to registering in our course.
This course has three major portions:
1. Pre-class lessons that assist course participants to become familiar with the Codes and documents listed in the Body of Knowledge.
2. 5 days of live instruction via Zoom. The instructor will lead this detailed discussion, with course participants encouraged to comment, ask questions, and be involved. There will be a live practice exam review on the last day of the class.
3. Multiple, scheduled live reviews of online practice exams in the 3 weeks following the course.
Required Documents for the Course, and the Exam
All course participants are required to have copies of the Code and reference documents listed in the National Board Inservice Inspector Exam Body of Knowledge. The exam requires PRINTED copies of the reference documents. Each course participant must obtain these documents to complete the course work and prepare for the examination.
Registration in this course does NOT register an individual for the National Board Inservice Examination. Each individual must apply with the National Board to write the examination, and then they must schedule an examination date through Prometric. Links for applying for the examination, and for scheduling the examination are available below. Examination candidates will want to schedule their examination within 4 to 6 weeks after the class dates.