This course is an exam preparation course that will assist those who are preparing for the National Board Inservice Inspector certification examination. This course will teach the following:
- Contents and subjects of the reference documents used for the examination.
- Successful, efficient navigation in the documents used for the examination.
- Reading, comprehension, and keyword knowledge to recognize and identify examination subjects and where to reference them in the documents used for the examination.
- Time management strategies for the examination.
- Methods and skills needed to handle Code calculations.
This course contains multiple sections. There are:
- introductory online lessons to get you familiar with each of the exam documents
- detailed main course lessons based on the subjects covered in the Body of Knowledge,
- hundreds of Practice Questions with immediate feedback and scoring, including references and detailed calculation solutions
- randomly generated online practice exams and the opportunity for multiple guided exam reviews with the instructor. (you will need to reach out to the instructor for the exam review dates)
Topics Covered in the Course
Starting with the detailed, introductory online lessons, students will learn the specific content in each document used for the exam, and how to navigate in each. In the main portion of the course students will receive instruction on the nine areas described in the National Board Inservice Inspector Body of Knowledge.
From start to finish, course participants are fully supported by the instructor. They will be able to email the instructor and receive help on any course related topic as soon as they begin the online work. At all times, course participants will be supported via email, phone, or Zoom for tutoring or help.
Important Note: Registration in this course does not register an individual for the National Board Inservice Inspector Examination. This must be done through the National Board website. See the Useful Links at the bottom of this page for links to the registration process on the National Board website. Kinetic Inspection & Testing Ltd. strongly encourages individuals to address their registration and exam eligibility prior to registering in our course.
This course has three major portions:
1. Introductory lessons that assist course participants to become familiar with the Codes and documents listed in the Body of Knowledge.
2. Subject specific main course lessons based on the National Board Body of Knowledge.
3. Detailed, timed, immediately scored Practice Exams which provide a Focus Report for detailed study plan development.
Required Documents for the Course, and the Exam
All course participants are required to have copies of the Code and reference documents listed in the National Board Inservice Inspector Exam Body of Knowledge. The exam requires PRINTED copies of the reference documents. Each course participant must obtain these documents to complete the course work and prepare for the examination.
Registrants in this course are eligible to earn CPD hours based on the time they spend on self-paced learning. The online course software will track active hours spent by the course participant in the learning modules and practice questions. A certificate will be issued to the registrant upon completion of the course. This certificate will show the total number of self-paced, tracked hours spent by the course participant, up to a maximum of 80 hours. Please note:
- Course participants will receive up to a maximum of 80 CPD hours. The 80-hour maximum is not automatic. If a course participant spends less than 80 hours in the course, they will only receive CPD hours for the time tracked.
- To receive credit for the CPD hours, the entire course must be completed. This includes all lessons, practice questions, quizzes, and Practice Exams. Incomplete training materials are not eligible for CPD hours.
- CPD hours and completion certificates will not be issued prior to the completion of the course.
- Course participants are responsible for ensuring that CPD hours for self-paced learning are acceptable to the organization they require them for.
Registration in this course does NOT register an individual for the National Board Inservice Examination. Each individual must apply with the National Board to write the examination, and then they must schedule an examination date through Prometric. Links for applying for the examination, and for scheduling the examination are available below. Examination candidates will want to schedule their examination to match their course access.